Saturday 7 February 2015

temple visit

"did you go to a temple," asked my friend the vodka-and-lime, when we sat across the table at the cellar tonight.

"yes," i said, putting my hand involuntarily to my sandal-paste-smeared temple. "today is my son's birthday. ambi took me to the temple."

"did you offer worship," asked my friend the atheist and the leftist, after taking a sip.

"of course, i did," i said. "i stood before the sanctum sanctorum with folded palms...as they all do."

and i added, giving the exact picture: "i didn't prostrate before the deity, as most others did."

*****

2 comments:

arktimes2 said...

Hi Ammavan...ani here. So glad to wander upon your blog. I'll be following it and hopefully inspired too!

P. Venugopal said...

your mom was here last week. talked about you. felt happy...and proud.