Sunday 6 January 2013

Angels in Tiger Land

I was pleasantly surprised just now to see on the internet a story I had written a few years ago on a film on butterflies. I am not a butterfly expert. However, while doing the story I had clearly taken a lot of pain to learn the subject of the film, although I have by now forgotten everything I had learned for the sake of the story then. With the writing of the story, I had forgotten everything. I don't even remember writing the story. That was what surprised me... Just recording the surprise...

This is the link to the story: http://www.hindu.com/2007/09/21/stories/2007092156270800.htm

*****

4 comments:

Kalpana said...

Venu Uncle I have seen this movie..though long back. When I was reading your article it struck me that you must be referring to the documentary by Suresh Elamon. When we met last year during CMS Vatavaran he told me that he is working on a book on Butterflies.

P. Venugopal said...

Yes, it is about Suresh's documentary. He does visual poetry, as you know. He hasn't finished that book on butterflies yet. Met him last about a month ago.

Balachandran V said...

The title was suggested by me and I also had the honour to associate with him in the script, if I remember correctly.

P. Venugopal said...

yes, balan, your touch was there in the script. suresh must have told me then, but long time ago... remember who coined the word 'ecologue'?